Pages

0

The Year Of The Dragon

Thursday, May 17, 2012
So 2012 is the year of the dragon...interestingly enough, it began this year on January 23rd, my son's birthday, which is also the zodiac symbol for the year he was born! And more interesting than that, the dragon is the animal that Aaron has always identified the most strongly with--he calls it his spirit animal. Amazing & spooky! I found out that I was born in the Year of the Horse--and the horse has always been my favorite animal....I think the Chinese were onto something there. It's awesome to think that we humans all started out on basically the same societal level (rocks & sticks), and we have managed to evolve and change into so many variations---with wildly different customs, languages, belief systems, etc. 

I hope this year will be the one that turns our lives around; so far it has been looking up for us. Even though our Burmese python did become pregnant by our ball python and then reabsorbed the eggs, good things have still happened. It looks like we will soon be able to move from this wretched crappy place where we've been stuck for 6 years, too. That has us more than excited--we are feeling a sense of hope for the future which is something we haven't felt in a VERY long time. I'm hoping I'll be able to have the surgery I so desperately need by the end of this year, so my health will improve. I think we've suffered long enough; maybe karma agrees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment