Pages

0

Syfy Sucks

Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Don't believe me?? THEY CANCELED EUREKA!! As if that weren't proof enough that Syfy has jumped the shark, take this epic movie for example; Pirhanaconda. Yes, I'll wait while you absorb that for a moment. The quality of this channel's monster movies has gone from 'affectionately cheesy but still watchable' to outright 'we don't give a shit & you can't make us'. I was only able to watch this crap for about the first 15 minutes--laughing wildly the whole time; in the first 5, this creature took down a helicopter (and you KNOW it's gonna happen; Syfy is nothing if not a firm believer in the horror-movie formula), a hot chick, and the pilot of the chopper. Like a flying can of people Mcnuggets. Syfy, once upon a time, gave half a shit about the special effects; now I'm convinced they've signed a deal with the devil and all the movies they produce are made by high-school film students or bored chimps. I'm fairly certain the helicopter stunt was done with Photoshop, and filmed with either: 1) a toaster or 2) this:
I had fond memories of this toy....SO. To recap, Syfy has canceled one of the best shows I've ever loved, and in return they give us as much shit as possible. Thanks a lot, assholes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment