Pages

0

Pandora

Friday, August 30, 2013


Meet Pandora; she is a yellow Blood python. Isn't she gorgeous?? We've had her for almost 2 months now; Aaron bought her from ShitCo the pet store; there was a male blood in there with her. Both were malnourished, cold (they didn't even have the heat lamps turned on the day Aaron went to see them) and covered in mites. They told us that she hadn't eaten in 2 days; we found out the next day from a friend who bought the other snake that they hadn't eaten the entire time they had been at the store! Those snakes had been there for weeks with no food. The other snake died the day after he was purchased of dehydration. THAT is ridiculous!! I am so mad I could spit. 

 Bloods won't eat when they're sick or stressed, so we didn't worry *too* much because she was still at an ok weight. Well, he brought her home after holding her in the store--he said the other snake was aggressive and kept biting everybody but Pandora was sweet. Until she got here, then she refused to let Aaron anywhere near her. She can just hear his voice and she'll start lunging in his direction. Only I can touch her without getting lit up (and she did get me twice, lol once on my birthday). It has really hurt Aaron's feelings because she was supposed to be his baby, not mine. We are pretty sure that she was mistreated by males up there at the store because she lunges at the neighbor guy too. The reason she bit me on my birthday was because I had listened to an audiobook for hours and a man was narrating it. She stayed pissed off for 3 whole days. Poor baby.  

 Only 2 days ago were we finally able to get a fuzzy rat down her--I've been feeding her liquid vitamins this whole time down her throat with a curved plastic dental syringe. THAT has been an "experience" to say the least!! We are going to feed her again today; she has gotten so thin that she'll die if I don't get her bulked up ASAP. I went on GoFundMe and made an account so I can start a snake rescue. Aaron and I were going to do it, but now it's going to be just me if I can raise enough money. So here is the link, please go check it out and spread the word. I don't want to see any more snakes abused and mistreated! Thanks for the help.  :)
Link:  http://www.gofundme.com/448fco

Look at her little face--how could anyone mistreat her?? She just got vitamins before I took this photo, and that's the face she makes, LOL. Those vitamins smell bad, and they must taste pretty nasty, too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment